Ave & Bryce turned TWO at the end of January and they have NEVER had Peanut Butter. I know. WTH?
It's important for you to know that I "broke" almost every "first parent rule" there was:
- My kids had pablum (rice cereal) at 9 weeks old AND in their bottles to boot!
- My kids started eating pureed foods at 4 months old and solids by 6 months.
- At 7 months they ate eggs and Fillet Mignon cooked MEDIUM RARE.
- They used the self-feeding Podee system until they were able to hold their own cups.
- My kids get Tylenol and/or Advil at the FIRST sign of discomfort. (Hey! I don't like to be in pain so why would they?)
- I used this "teething magic potion" from a Pharmacy in some small town, with no labelled ingredients (think back shelf, gotta whisper to get it "stuff") but MAN DID IT WORK!
- Ave & Bryce know that they DON'T want me to get to "3" when I count. (Meaning, I don't really care much for "time outs" & I also don't believe "a little smack on the hand" is ALWAYS a bad parenting strategy...)
I think you get the point...
BUT the one "RULE" I never even considered breaking was the "NO PEANUT BUTTER BEFORE AGE TWO" rule!
Why? I'm not sure. It's probably a combination of Daddy Dave's super paranoid "ways" and the fact that society has lead me to believe that every kid WILL DIE the MINUTE their lips touch peanuts. Whatever the reason, I have never fed my kids peanut butter.
Tomorrow morning their little taste buds will either be totally tantalized by the creamy, yummy goodness of peanut butter or we'll be spending the day in emergency....wish "us" luck! LOL!