Assignment: List 10 Things That Make You Angry
I wasn't going to chose this writing prompt because my initial thought was, "How on earth can I come with TEN things that make me angry?? I am such an easygoing, fun-loving, happy-go-lucky kinda gal...I don't think I COULD come up with 10 things that make me angry!" Ummmm....ya....W-R-O-N-G!!
I took a little peeky through the last 15 months of blogging and I came up with a "few" things that make me angry. I have included a backlink for each "item" in case you need further explanation of the things that anger this
1. Being "Called" a Liar!- I am A LOT of things but I am NOT a liar. Truth stretcher...sometimes. BUT an out right liar...NEVER!! This little diddy is about the manager at my local Wal Mart calling me a liar without "actually" calling me a liar. I didn't take it too well...
2. People Who Ignore Signs- This is ANOTHER Wal Mart incident. I finally had had enough of people parking where they should not park. I had to take matters into my own hands. And, YES! I do still travel with my "parking infraction notification" sheets. (I'm making the world a better place to live in, one person at a time. You're Welcome.)
3. Being Addressed as "Mrs David Bowes"- Ya, I know, it's petty BUT it really, really, really
4. Stupid People (primarily, parents)- Harsh, I know BUT this is a list of 10 Things That Anger Me right? I pose one simple question: "What parent in their right mind would purposely expose their kids to an illness?"
5. Clueless Parents- I am sure you have all asked, "What's wrong with kids today?" I have a theory...nothing is wrong with kids today. What?!?! Well, the question we need to be asking is "What's wrong with PARENTS today?"
6. Ignorant People or Insensitive People- If you've got twins, you've likely had to deal with the whole "Twins? We're they conceived naturally?" debacle. Yup! That
7. Out of This World People (Again, primarily parents)- You're gonna what? Raise your kid non-gender specific? WTH is wrong with you people? Enuff said.
8. Sensationalized-News Grabbing- "Celebrity" Headline Stories- I don't watch the news. It's ture, I can barely carry on a conversation about the state of politics and/or economy of our world but equally I couldn't tell you what Kardashian got married and/or divorced this month. It really fires me up when I am surfing the channels and or skimming the magazine racks in the grocery checkout lines only to see some "Who really gives a $hit" headline.
9. The Brat Ban- This one is "old news" but it still has me seeing red. I mean seriously?!?! Just when you think the people of the world are starting to embrace diversity and break down the walls of discrimination, they start "picking" on the little folks of the world. I mean pleeeezzzeee....
10. Being Told That I Have a "Favorite"- Kid that is. If you want to go on national television and permanently damage your offspring's self esteem by declaring that "No, sorry sweetie you ain't Mama's favorite!" then so be it. But. Do. Not. Tell me that I too have a favorite child and that I am just not brave enough to admit it because that my friends, might earn you a round in the ring with this Mama!
A "Bonus" Anger Trigger of Mine Hanks- This is a term I have personally coined as my own (or at least I think I'm the first to ever use it?!?! LMAO!) In short, "Hanks" are people, primarily men (at least in my experiences), that own really, REALLY big trucks and have a superego to match. While many people might "shy away" from confrontation with these "types", I embrace...even welcome the challenge.
Hmmmm...now that I have re-read these posts and have self analyzed the things that make me angry...I am thinking I should have picked the writing prompt "If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?" Can anyone guess what I might have said?!?!?! LMAO!
May Peace & Happiness Surround You AND Me...Happy Thursday Everyone!!
Got anger issues yourself? Need some inspiration to get it "all" out? Go sign up...