The flood waters affected sooooooo many people in Calgary and surrounding areas and one of the HARDEST hit, were the people of the Siksika Nation Reserve. This is not the time, nor the place to express how some communities have received less news coverage than others BUT what I will say is that the out pour of support from people has been overwhelming...once the devastation of this particular community was known.
And so, off we head to a little known community to help them organize and manage all the donations they have received over the past few days. While donations are greatly needed and appreciated a BIG part of that process is organizing all the "stuff" so that it can effectively and proficiently, get to the people in need. And while manual, hard labor of physical clean-up is NOT one of my strengths,
You don't need to be a blogger to post your favorite song of the week you know. Just head toyoutube.com and find the song you are singing, copy and paste the www. address below in the link box and add your name to the name box. DONE! You'll be officially part of the cool crowd, ok, not the cool crowd but of THIS cool party! Come on...link up a tune for me to sing to too!
Come join me and Becca from Because I'm the Mommy and link up to our Playlist of songs that make US sing! Here are just a few guidelines or at this point...forget the "rules" and just link up!!!
1. Please Join the TWO of "Us" (we're so much more than just songs...LOL) If you're a new joiner please leave us a comment so we can join you back!
2. Pick A Song...any song that makes you wanna sing! Old-New-Country-Pop-Punk...anything goes. (Let's try to keep it family friendly if we can...LOL) If you want, tell us why the song makes you wanna SING!
3. Add your link to the "Playlist"
4. We'd REALLY like you to copy the Linky Code (just click on "get the code") in to your post so your blogger buds can join in on the fun or link back to the both of us so they can at least "find" the party, but you don't have to.
5. We'd love to see the video of your song (which can easily be shared via youtube.com) but if you just wanna list your favorite song of the day, we're "cool" with that too!
I am playing a collections of music set to pictures of this great community to help bring awareness to the enormity of the devastation these people AND so many people in Alberta are facing after the great flood of 2013!!
Oh! And just for the record....Calgary ain't gonna let a little HIGH WATER stop the Stampede from happin'! It was ALSO one of the hardest hit places in Alberta and with only 5 days until the start of this 100 year tradition...Calgary works to make sure it is NOT something else that will be "taken" from it's people!
There is a LOT of talk about how this should be the LEAST of our concerns but personally, I couldn't disagree more!
The Calgary Stampede is a BIG part of who we are and what we stand for and as far as I am concerned, we'll be damned if Mother
Bravo to this young lady and her BE-utiful voice for telling it like it is. Whether you agree or disagree...